Thursday, October 16, 2014

THEME: Connect 1st Continues & so does the Fall theme!

Hello Synergy Guides!

I am so happy to report that I have received some great feedback that you do not need me to be changing the theme each week or even every other week! This has been a bit overwhelming for you in trying to keep up... let alone have your student come along with you on the concepts and themes. The last thing I want to be doing is speeding you up. I truly believe in slowing down to make progress more meaningful and long lasting. Hooray!

So, please continue with the Engagement Theme of Connect 1st. This is so incredibly crucial in starting your day AND when you notice a disconnect between you. Learning just simply does not seem to happen if your student's mind is not engaged with you as his or her guide.

Here are a couple-few additional and fun pumpkin/Halloween theme activities and sites with activities that I think would be great opportunities for engaging and connecting with many students with and without autism... just to get your imagination going....

Miscellaneous art projects
http://amomwithalessonplan.com/easy-halloween-decorations/

Masks
http://www.incredibleart.org/lessons/elem/Jeannette-masks.htm

Spooky Ice Hands!
http://happyhooligans.ca/salt-and-ice-experiment/

I will be posting videos specific to students with whom I am working on their own private sites, to make the Fall and Engagement theme come to life even more. However, if you are reading this and are not involved with direct support, do consider contacting me to see if you would like me to review videos and consult with you regarding truly connecting with your child or student with autism.

Best wishes for a great week!
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment